love. create. design. innovate.

Thursday, March 3, 2011

coastal chic



Living in Australia last year, I found the natural colour palette of the coastline and beaches to be absolutely inspiring.  Spending nearly every weekend exploring villages by the sea, my husband patiently followed me as I trolled through the shops and markets, searching for treasures and delights. 

A charming village on the Mornington Peninsula called Sorrento stands out in my mind as a pleasurable palette.  From seashells to wicker baskets, nautical themes to hurricane lamps, a little place called Saltwater Trading was an inspiring place to visit. 

Loving the palette of the ocean, with its warm and cool tones, I will no doubt be pulling from this visual representation for my next house.  Although I would love to re-create an Australian beach house, I will simply settle with design elements that have a coastal flavour.  Simply divine.

No comments:

Post a Comment